Diversified Mechanical Services, Inc. considers no phase of operations or administration of greater importance than the prevention of accidents which result in personal injury and damage to property and equipment and represents needless waste and loss.
Philosophy and Principals
Planning for safety begins with the design and continues through purchasing, fabrication, construction operation and maintenance in all of our work. All reasonable and practical steps are taken to maintain a safe and healthful place to work in order to minimize accidents and health hazards. We strive to achieve our zero incident safety goals thorough the strict adherence to our comprehensive safety program, which includes:
- Employee safety training program.
- Random drug screening.
- Weekly Toolbox Safety Talks conducted by site foreman.
- EMR rating of .80 (well below industry accepted 1.0).
- Employees are confined space certified.
- Lockout – tagout procedures.
- Asbestos awareness training.
- Safety dress code for all DMS employees requires use of hard hat, safety glasses and steel toe boots.
- Basic first aid training.